Additional ISO Certifications We Offer in Baltimore, Maryland (MD)
Owning a company in Baltimore, Maryland, means you have to worry about fulfilling many requirements and getting certifications such as ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and many others. If you are not familiar with them since you just started your business, it is better to start reading and understanding the mandatory ones.
ISOs are guidelines and requirements that allow organizations to improve their processes, establish a specific system, and achieve other outcomes depending on the standard they are aiming for. Now, what does mandatory mean? That you need to get certified in them no matter what in order to meet other regulatory requirements but also, those established for the standard individually. There’s a lot involved in a business or organization, and we are sure you will be busy from now on and even after establishing it, you will have to focus on improvements.
With that said, what does it take to implement a standard? A lot of knowledge, understand it completely, and invest time and resources on it. Also, keep in mind that even when standards provide all the guidelines to follow, it is also about knowing your needs and goals.
There’s no point in getting certified in one if you are unable to adjust and harmonize it with what your company needs. To begin with, you won’t be able to get the certification without doing this.
At IQC The ISO Pros, we have helped many organizations in Baltimore, Maryland, and other cities in the state, that thought ISOs were just rules and norms they had to follow. There’s more to it than just a long list of requirements. Instead, you are dealing with the growth and future of your company, and certification in any ISO won’t be possible if you don’t keep this in mind With that said, will it be easy to implement them? Which ones should you go for? Can we help you as well?
For the first question, no, it won’t be that simple when you decide to do it on your own since it is hard to focus on it alone when you have so many other responsibilities and things to do. Next, it all depends on your company and the industry it is part of. There are generic but also specialized standards that are mandatory or a very good addition to your business depending on your niche. As for the last one, absolutely! Our team at IQC The ISO Pros is ready to assist you and train you in any of these standards, or to implement them for you and provide advice later on:
Quality management system standards for certification
- ISO 9001: provides all the requirements and guidelines for companies to establish, maintain, and improve their quality management systems. It is a generic standard for any organization.
- Automotive IATF 16949: aims for the quality management system of every automotive company to ensure it meets customer satisfaction and achieves all its goals in this area.
- Medical devices ISO 13485: similar to the previous one but it focuses on the QMS for medical device manufacturers to ensure the products aren’t defective and can provide the expected performance.
- Body Armor BA 9000: more than the quality system, it establishes guidelines to improve the quality of the equipment and body parts manufactured for the company to meet customer satisfaction.
- Aerospace AS9100: aimed at the aerospace industry and any company involved in the supply chain or the process of designing, developing, creating, and providing aerospace parts and items to ensure the quality of each product.
ISO standards available in Baltimore, Maryland
- Anti-Bribery ISO 37001: addresses the need of establishing an anti-bribery management system in companies regardless of their size and type to prevent risks and threats for both external and internal sources.
- Automotive Core Tools (APQP, AQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA, R&M): each tool provides benefits for companies in the automotive industry to have more control over their processes, improve them, and have better communication between suppliers and customers in the supply chain.
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Levels 1-5: instead of focusing on short-term needs and improvements, CMMI aims for the maturity and capability level of a company to establish its goals and work around them according to the previous levels and guarantee its growth.
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC): established for the U.S. Department of Defense to set regulations and guidelines for companies in the DIB and address their need for establishing a cybersecurity system to prevent threats, attacks, and risks.
- Counterfeits AS6081: helps aerospace companies to have control over the number of fraudulent parts and products that enter the supply chain by establishing a security management system to prevent it or reduce the numbers.
- Energy ISO 50001 and SEP: ISO 50001 alone establishes all the requirements for the energy system in a company to make it more efficient. This, along with the Superior Energy Performance program, leads companies to achieve better results for their energy systems.
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) ISO 45001: companies regardless of their size and type follow the guidelines to establish the best health and safety measures to prevent work-related accidents involving their workers and irreparable harm.
- Forestry SFI ATFS (Sustainable Forestry): it’s a voluntary program that aims for setting limits and encourages companies to use fewer green areas and meet forestry responsibilities in order to protect trees and the ecosystem overall.
- Asset Management ISO 55001: companies that need to gain control over the lifecycle of assets can rely upon ISO 55001 since it allows them to achieve this goal and with it, have control over their processes as well to reduce risks and improve the company in all areas and systems.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations, ITAR: sets regulations for the export of defense and military-related technologies and equipment made in the USA to prevent any risks and protect the country.
- Laboratory Accreditation ISO 17025: it’s a mandatory accreditation for every laboratory in Baltimore, Maryland, and all over the state to demonstrate they are competent and be allowed to provide their services.
- Packaging ISO 15378: provides all the guidelines and regulations to ensure pharmaceuticals and medical device manufacturers use high-quality materials for the primary packaging of the products and items.
- Food Safety ISO 22000: focuses on guaranteeing that every process to obtain the final product in the food industry is safe and healthy to ensure the final result won’t have problems to be offered to the customers.
- Food Safety Modernization Act FDA FSMA: unlike other standards that aim to solve or address foodborne illness after they are present, this ISO aims to prevent them during the production and without waiting for the consumer to suffer from any of them.
- IT Service ISO/IEC 20000-1: instead of products, ISO 20000-1 provides guidelines to ensure companies offer top services and meet every requirement to guarantee they will satisfy the clients.
- Ethical Sourcing SQFI: provides guidelines that organizations follow in order to obtain products by using sustainable and responsible processes that also guarantee efficiency and effectiveness.
- Facility Management ISO 41001: helps companies to be more competitive by improving processes, conduct better operations, and ensure they meet customer satisfaction in the industry and international market.
- Telecommunications TL 9000:the guidelines must be followed by companies in the ICT industry to ensure their products and services offered follow mandatory standards and requirements.
- Responsible Care RC14001: it was created to allow chemical companies to obtain better results in different areas and aspects such as quality, health, and performance to ensure they are more competitive and bring value to the business.
- Supply Chain ISO 28000: focuses on establishing a security management system in the supply chain to prevent defective and low-quality products from entering it. This ISO can be implemented for any company no matter the size and type.
Audits available in our company
Although we focus on ISOs and in training you to implement them—or do it for you—, we also perform and conduct audits with different purposes. We are aware that many companies need to perform any of them at least once to make sure everything is going in the right direction and guarantee their growth.
This is why we decided to offer our ISO standard services but also, conduct audits for you in Baltimore, Maryland, and any other city in the state. With that said, what audits can we perform for you?
- Compliance Audits. Conducted to determine if a company has met all the required and mandatory standards and legal regulations to ensure it can continue to operate or start to do it. Also, to determine if it is able to achieve improvement in all its processes and with them, its growth.
- Pre-assessment Audits. Consists in performing an audit before an official one, usually for those organizations that are aiming for an ISO certification. It determines if the company has met all the requirements established in the standard or norms.
- Documentation Audit/Desk Audit. Evaluates the activities and roles of an employee—or several ones—to determine if he or she is being properly paid for the work that is getting done. If not, it is required to adjust the compensation and payment.
- Outsourced Internal Auditing. Instead of performing an internal audit with the company’s personnel, it is conducted by a third-party to find irregularities that were missed or other aspects that cannot be evaluated by people in the company.
- Supplier Evaluation. Evaluates a supplier based on its results, services, and what it offers to determine if it is a good candidate, competent, and efficient.
- Supplier Audits. Consists of determining if the supplier meets every legal regulation and mandatory standard for its quality management system to confirm it can provide customer satisfaction.
- Second Party Audits. It is an audit performed for the customer—or a company on its behalf—to determine if the supplier actually fulfills all requirements and legal norms to guarantee it is safe to work with and trustworthy as well.
- Virtual Internal Auditing. Just like an internal audit but conducting it remotely to prevent meetings and a large amount of paperwork in the process.
With these audits clear, we at IQC The ISO Pros, also want you to know that our company helps you with the general Audit Management Systems ISO 19011, which is required for any organization that aims to conduct audits.
It provides guidelines to know how to create, conduct, and improve the process and guarantee you are able to deliver a top service. If you are interested in it or any other standard on our list, make sure to contact us and access our experts in Baltimore, Maryland, and all over the state. It doesn’t matter if you are close to our offices in this city or kilometers away from it since we have several facilities and experts around the state.